Structural Soils Limited was established in 1964 and since 2007 has been part of the RSK Group Ltd. Structural Soils Limited is a 270-strong national ground investigation contractor with an aspiration to undertake all elements of ground investigation internally. To support this ambition, we run a large fleet of multidisciplinary drilling equipment and in-situ testing and monitoring teams, further supported by four fully accredited in-house soil rock and material laboratories. Supported by sister group companies, SSL makes RSK Group one of the largest ground investigation service providers. Over the past few years Structural Soils Ltd has grown significantly and secured some very exciting projects including numerous HS2 contracts, Lancefield Quay, Grangemouth, Govan, Glasgow, Transpennine Rail Upgrade, Lower Thames Crossing (LTC) along with being awarded a number of Local Authority, Water Company and major Tier 1 Contractor Frameworks.
As part of our national coverage Structural Soils Ltd has a well-established Scottish operation based out of Glasgow where we are looking to grow our position as a provider of specialist high quality ground investigations. We are looking for an experienced Ground Investigation Regional Manager, to manage and develop, all elements of our ground investigation works in Scotland. This appointment could lead to an Associate Directors position for the right candidate.
This role of comes with an attractive salary (£40,000-£50,000), PRP scheme and a company vehicle.
The role will suit a self-motivated, ambitious, confident, commercially aware person who understands the Scottish market and who has the drive and knowledge to take the company forward. The position will be based from the Glasgow office, where you will be working on your own initially, supported by company directors and peers, leading a team of Engineers with the objective of expanding the team going forward.
Ideally the person would have the following:-
- A degree in Civil Engineering, Engineering Geology, Geology or related subjects.
- Have Chartered status or be close to Chartered status.
- Around 10 years experience within the Ground Investigation industry.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in the senior overall management of ground investigation contracts including: liaison with clients, design of investigations, tendering (including frameworks), organisation of sub-contractors, drilling crews, plant, machinery, equipment, ICC and NEC Contracts and BoQ measurement.
- Extensive knowledge and experience on all aspects of report writing.
- Fully conversant with BS5930 and be fully competent at supervising drilling crews on site, trial pitting, logging soils and rock, installation and monitoring of gas/ groundwater standpipes and other instrumentation, in-situ testing (CBRs, plate bearing tests, BRE Digest 365 soakaway tests, etc.), an understanding of investigating contaminated land, removal of soil waste, etc.
- Good commercial awareness in tendering and delivering contract on time and on budget.
- Full UK drivers licence.
The position involves the day-to-day organisation, co-ordination, supervision and undertaking of the company's workload. This includes all aspects; marketing, health and safety, liaison with and advising clients, design of investigations, tendering, contract documentation, organisation/supervision of sub-contractors and technical staff, site works, production of laboratory testing schedules and final bill measurement.
We operate an open and relaxed management culture that nurtures continuous improvement and innovation. This also enables us to achieve a staff turnover rate that's consistently below the industry average. Adopting a proactive growth strategy helps us to run a sustainable and profitable business while providing new and exciting career opportunities for all.
At Structural Soils we encourage and foster the growth of our employees. When joining Structural Soils, a mentor works with you to ensure you set and achieve your goals. We want to accelerate your professional development, including opportunities for a promotional fast track.
Further, retaining staff is the building block of a successful organisation. As a company we want to ensure you maintain a healthy work life balance, with many opportunities for flexible working hours, locality flexibility, social activities, and community involvement projects.
The company prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development, allowing employees to reach their full potential.
All candidates applying for positions with Structural Soils must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area. Candidates should confirm this when applying with their CV and covering letter.
Structural Soils are committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.