Since 2008, Structural Soils has delivered a formal graduate scheme. Our graduate schemes demonstrate the value we place on bringing enthusiastic young people into our business and our commitment to providing a positive learning experience.
We have designed the schemes to feed the best graduates into long-term careers at Structural Soils. This is your opportunity to start out on the path to chartered status. As well as on-the-job technical training on commercial projects, we will provide an accredited training pathway along with coordinated learning opportunities in project management, health and safety, and business administration.
The aims of these programmes are to
- Provide grounding and practical knowledge of the essential business commercial drivers required to run a successful environmental consultancy
- Offer opportunities to apply and build on technical skills in a consulting environment
- Equip participants with the necessary knowledge and skills to deal with the technical and financial needs of our clients and projects
- Provide participants with access to senior managers and directors, so they can gain a real insight into our company and the services we offer and enable an enjoyable learning experience conducted in an informal manner: one where participants feel comfortable and relaxed while at the same time working hard and being stretched to fulfil their potential
- Facilitate team working by helping participants to network and learn together. In return, we ask each graduate to
- Be willing to contribute by sharing their thoughts, ideas, feelings, knowledge and experience wherever they are able and as appropriate
- Show an open mind to the ideas of others, as well as those presented by the course facilitators
- Have an intellectual presence as well as a physical one
- Recognise and acknowledge the needs of others and to support and encourage them to develop themselves
- Engage in their own ongoing personal and professional development
- Embrace and enjoy the learning experience