Structural Soils – The client’s choice
Established in 1964, Structural Soils Ltd has evolved into a national, multidisciplinary, integrated geotechnical and geoenvironmental site-investigation company with the proven capability, capacity and confidence to undertake contracts of any size, in any location and virtually any scope. The company undertakes contracts across the UK and internationally through its offices in Bristol, Castleford, Coventry, Glasgow, Hemel Hempstead and Tonbridge. The company operates to an ISO 14001:2015, ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 45001:2018 certified management alongside an ISO 17025:2017 and UKAS-accredited laboratory management system.
Why clients choose Structural Soils
Structural Soils prides itself on the quality of service it offers and the strong client relationships that it has forged and nurtured over the years. Key attributes that clients see in Structural Soils are
- Experience and expertise. We have a 54-year history of undertaking detailed and complex ground investigation across the UK and overseas. Over 75 of our staff hold geological, engineering or science-based degrees and over 25 staff have more than 20 years’ industry experience.
- Capability, with 25 multidisciplinary drilling rigs, 4 UKAS-accredited laboratories and 240 staff nationally
- Flexibility. We are happy to work in any environment: city centre, rural, brownfield, overwater, road, rail etc.
- Collaboration. Structural Soils expounds a non-confrontational culture, preferring to form partnerships’ with clients, their agents, other stakeholders and suppliers.
- Multidisciplinary and integrated services. Our extensive in-house engineering, drilling, laboratory testing and in-situ testing capabilities are supplemented by geophysical, service location, unexploded ordnance clearance, chemical testing, archaeological and ecological services provided by our sister companies. This means we can tailor offerings to suit all requirements.
Structural Soils works for a large range of clients: from private individuals seeking advice on house subsidence to multinational energy companies looking to construct new power stations, and everyone in-between. To support a wide array of projects, Structural Soils’ service offering includes
- Desk studies
- Service avoidance investigations (desk and on-site)
- Intrusive investigations
- In-situ testing
- Soil, rock and materials laboratory testing
- Chemical contamination testing
- Factual and interpretive reporting
- Consultancy services
As we operate our own consolidated drilling department, we can design bespoke investigations to meet all requirements, and obtain and process information more efficiently. We test samples in our own well-equipped UKAS-accredited laboratories. Our technical staff are highly experienced and qualified, and include civil engineers, geologists, engineering geologists, chemists and environmental scientists.
Structural Soils’ continuing growth and success are perpetuated by its reputation, competitive rates and quick response. Since becoming an RSK company in 2007, we can offer other group services such as ecology, geophysics and chemical testing as part of a comprehensive ground investigation service. Structural Soils is one of the premier ground-investigation contractors in the UK.